Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
Working with Electro Optic Systems means you will be working with a dynamic company dedicated to providing solutions incorporating innovative technology. We value innovation, teamwork, integrity, honesty and a ‘can do’ attitude. Our customers expect the best product, so we want the best people to join our team.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
About the role
The Senior Financial Accountant supports the Group Financial Controller with the financial reporting responsibilities of the EOS Group overseen by the Group CFO. The primary functions focus on production of monthly Group accounts, quarterly and half-yearly results as well as the Annual Report.
Key duties will include:
- Prepare and analyse monthly consolidated financial reports with associated commentaries
- Assist with the preparation of Group’s financial reports ensuring compliance in accordance with Accounting standards and ASX listing rules
- Draft technical accounting papers and related schedules for the Group incorporating interpretation of complex accounting standards including but not limited to business combinations and consolidated financial statements, revenue with contracts with customers, share based payments, lease accounting and taxation
- Manage tax compliance and governance including establishing R&D measurement and documentation processes.
- Drive a robust control environment across the business
- Review of existing reporting processes and controls to streamline reporting and realise efficiencies and systems development
- Assist with strategic and revenue projects, utilising financial acumen and technical expertise to ensure the best outcome for the Group
To be successful in this role you will need to have strong problem solving skills, work collaboratively with others and be detail oriented. You are CA/CPA qualified, having ideally started your career in a Big 4 or mid-tier environment.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience within an ASX listed business or defence/tech/engineering
- Strong communication and influencing skills
How to Apply
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please apply now with your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
You must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain Australian Government security clearance if required.