Australian Precision, Global Reach. We See Further.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotely controlled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units. We continually strive to help our people achieve personal goals, engaging them in challenging and inspiring projects that shape our future.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
About the Opportunity
- As a member of the Manufacturing team you will be required to Assemble and/or Test various
- Mechanical, Electrical and Opto-mechanical products in safe and efficient manner. As a
- Manufacturing team member you will strive to maintain the best quality outcome meeting set
- Production targets as scheduled by the Manufacturing Manager and report on any quality issues that may arise within your work cell to your immediate supervisor.
Key duties include:
- Assemble, modify, test and inspect assemblies and finished product in accordance with established quality, operation standards and manufacturing process instruction to meet production targets.
- Use the Manufacturing Execution System to carry out your daily production activities in line with your production targets.
- Use the technical database to reference technical documentation to complete daily production tasks.
- Complete relevant documentation to ensure traceability and accountability. I.e. Job Cards, Level 2
- Test Documents etc on a timely basis.
You will be a detail oriented problem solver and can work collaboratively with others. You demonstrate sound pragmatism and judgement. You must have good manual dexterity and strong communication skills.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable, however we will support you and ensure you receive the training required to be successful in this sought after role. This is an entry-level position and if you have an interest in mechanical and / or electronic assembly this is a great opportunity for you to start a career.