Australian Precision, Global Reach. We See Further.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotely controlled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units. We continually strive to help our people achieve personal goals, engaging them in challenging and inspiring projects that shape our future.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
About the Opportunity
As a Test Engineer you will be responsible for the planning, design, execution and reporting of tests and evaluations in support of research and development activities in the organisation.
You will work closely with Design Engineers from all disciplines to conduct tests that ensures the designs meet defined requirements and are fit for purpose.
Your role responsibilities will include:
- Design tests and prepare test plans to verify system requirements.
- Prepare test systems and environments including assembling systems, and loading and configuring software.
- Conduct tests and coordinate associated test activities.
- Prepare test reports that detail the test outcomes and identify where requirements have or have not been satisfied.
- Engage with customers and other EOS engineering groups both locally and internationally as required to define and execute test and evaluation activities.
To be successful in the role you be ideally be able to demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with teams and individuals as well as:
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role.
- Degree qualification in an applicable field of study desirable.
- Experience in Defence sector desirable.