Australian Precision, Global Reach. We See Further.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotely controlled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units. We continually strive to help our people achieve personal goals, engaging them in challenging and inspiring projects that shape our future.
About the role
EOS Defence Systems is looking for an experienced Linux Systems Administrator to establish an enterprise-class Linux capability to support a diverse and rapidly-growing multi-disciplinary engineering team in the defence sector. A particular focus will be supporting a new DevOps capability for the embedded software team.
- Specify, design and establish enterprise-class Linux infrastructure
- Work with the core Windows admin team to ensure the Linux infrastructure is integrated with the global IT systems, practices and policies
- Support the introduction of Azure DevOps and associated servers and tools to the Software team, in collaboration with the DevOps engineers
- Support DevOps and software engineers to introduce new tools and processes to develop and test software for embedded platforms, both bare-metal and Linux-based
- Provide Linux desktop capability for the users who need access to Linux-hosted engineering tools
- Support the engineering users of the Linux servers and desktops
- 5+ years experience as Linux Administrator
- 2+ years experience as Linux Administrator in a Windows-centered Enterprise setting
- 2+ years experience with deploying on VMWare or similar virtualization platform
- Experience supporting the needs of an engineering organization
- Experience supporting a DevOps environment (Azure DevOps would be ideal)
- Experience in Defence, Aerospace or similar high-integrity environments
- Experience with Azure cloud
- Experience with Yocto-based embedded Linux
Culture and benefits
- EOS employ over 500 Australian across the country and considered industry leaders within the defence industry.
- At EOS, we pride ourselves on creating a professional environment that is collaborative, supportive and an engaging place to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave and employee incentive scheme
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace