Australian Precision, Global Reach. We See Further.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX-listed Australian technology company operating in the defence, space and communications sectors. We develop and produce world-leading technology to enhance the security and prosperity of Australia and its allies.
Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and other precision mechanisms. Headquartered in Canberra and with a growing global workforce, EOS is experiencing exponential growth across all its business divisions and is well placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
EOS Defence Systems develops and produces remotely controlled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems, which are adaptable to suit a range of weapon inventories, comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units. We pride ourselves on being a trusted weapon systems provider the Australian Defence Force, ensuring the safety of Australia, and we export our homegrown technology to allies across the world. We strive to help our people to achieve their professional goals and engage them in challenging and inspiring projects that shape our future.
About the role
The Test Engineer is part of the EOS Defence Systems engineering team and is responsible for the planning, preparation, execution and documentation of test and evaluation activities. This will comprise developmental test and evaluation, verification and validation (V&V) covering the lifecycle of our family of electro optic (EO) systems including daylight and thermal imaging cameras, and laser systems.
In this position you will work closely with other engineering disciplines to achieve tight integration and coherence of engineering solutions to deliver results and high-quality projects for the organisation. Duties will include:
- Produce objective quality evidence for internal use and as part of contractual deliverables
- Design, specify, set up and maintain test instruments and stations
- Plan and prepare test activities of EO systems and subsystems
- Develop test and V&V plans
- Perform test, evaluation, characterisation, verification & validation of EO systems and subsystems
- Document test results and prepare formal test and reports
- To be successful in the role you will be organised and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. You will also need to exude drive for excellence in engineering whilst also maintaining a high degree of attention to detail.
- Degree qualification in engineering or other relevant discipline
- Experience with testing of complex systems in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience with testing of defence equipment (advantageous)
Culture and benefits
- EOS employ over 500 employees across the globe and considered industry leaders within the defence industry.
- Great culture and friendly work environment
- Fantastic employee rewards
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Competitive salary