Australian Precision, Global Reach. We See Further.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotely controlled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units. We continually strive to help our people achieve personal goals, engaging them in challenging and inspiring projects that shape our future.
About the role
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for providing software designs that support develop of the EOS’s Directed Energy capabilities within the market. The role requires deep software engineering technical knowledge, coding and the understanding of the software functional role in conjunction with electronics design, mechanical design and systems engineering disciplines. Software design solutions are to be developed against defined requirements and delivered in accordance with agreed schedules. The Senior Software Engineer undertakes design and engineering analysis tasks as well as assisting with integration and field support for deployed products.
- Produce software designs that satisfy defined requirements in the specified time frames.
- Work with systems engineers to ensure that all requirements are identified, captured and analysed such that designs can be developed that satisfy these requirements
- Support and undertake test and evaluation activities on software designs to verify and sign-off on all design requirements
- Undertake software analyses in support of EOS’s product development activities.
- Work with other engineering disciplines and allied project teams to ensure cohesive and complete system designs.
- Prepare and review all documentation required to support designs.
- Review work and provide input to the Project Team and System Development Manager around all aspects of DE Software.
- To be successful in the role you will be organised and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. You will work cooperatively with teams and individuals to achieve the organisations goals and objectives.
Our ideal candidate will also possess:
- Degree qualification in Software Engineering or related field.
- Post graduate qualifications in Engineering highly desirable.
- Minimum 7 years in similar role and a minimum of 3 years supervision experience.
- Experience in the Defence sector is highly desirable but not mandatory.
Culture and benefits
- EOS employ over 500 Australian across the country and considered industry leaders within the defence industry.
- At EOS, we pride ourselves on creating a professional environment that is collaborative, supportive and an engaging place to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave and employee incentive scheme
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace