Australian Precision, Global Reach. We See Further.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) Space Systems is focused on the design, manufacture and delivery of electro optic systems which enhance and support orbital data services to the space industry. Since 1983 we have developed systems for astrodynamic analysis, ground to space tracking of orbiting bodies and satellite laser ranging. This heritage allows for the development of new technologies in support of space assets and debris management, including orbit maintenance support.
Our Australian designs include high accuracy beam director telescopes, laser systems, imaging systems and pico-second time interval systems. We develop and integrate fully autonomous software control for space sensor networks and provide space domain awareness, object characterisation, space object cataloguing, high accuracy orbit determination and orbital projection, and conjunction assessments.
EOS Space Systems is a subsidiary of Electro Optics Systems (ASX:EOS) which has achieved rapid growth over recent years. EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
About the Role
As Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for the development of complex software solutions to robustly transform space observations into concrete and useful data products for Space Domain Awareness. You will utilise diverse skill sets to allow rapid prototyping of new solutions as well as formalising processing to provide customers with valuable and up-to-date data in a timely manner to assist with analysing risks to their space assets. This will include interface design, automated test case management and deployment of new processing servers to pivot on market needs. You will work with a multi-disciplinary team to produce efficient software solutions for a changing space domain.
Duties will include:
- Design, develop and test complex software systems in accordance with the methods, policies and procedures of EOSSS.
- Undertake development, implementation and documentation of validation for software systems, including testing, peer review and other methods.
- Prepare and maintain documentation in respect of design and development work in accordance with defined EOS standards and operating practice.
- Provide support for the integration, testing and through life maintenance of EOS products and systems.
- You work cooperatively and collaboratively, and have strong communication skills. You are detail and solution oriented. You have the ability to organise work to meet tight deadlines.
It is desirable but not essential that you have experience with any of the following:
- Familiarity with software development and system testing methodologies and concepts including Agile and DevSecOps;
- Visualisation technologies and enhancing the user experience;
- Safety critical software and/or systems automation;
- Real-time systems.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace