Australian Precision, Global Reach. We See Further.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and space markets. Our products comprise advanced electro-optic systems for a variety of space and terrestrial applications built on EOS core technologies in optics, laser, electronics, software, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing rapid growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and space exporter.
EOS Space Systems is a global leader in the design, manufacture, delivery and operation of sensors and systems for space situational awareness (SSA), space domain awareness (SDA), and space control. For over 35 years EOS has been directing energy beams to space objects for applications including tracking, characterisation, identification, communications, remote manoeuvre and missile defence. EOS is ISO:9001:2015 certified and has provided SSA infrastructure including lasers, telescopes and beam directors to allies and partners globally.
- This position is an exciting opportunity to join a leading Australian space company as a Space Operations Engineer to design and implement algorithms to monitor near-Earth space activity. The Space Operations Engineer will primarily develop algorithms and software packages that can automatically detect near Earth space events using data delivered from EOS’ network of optical telescopes and laser tracking systems.
- The successful candidate will leverage EOS’ in-house software algorithms and tools and contribute to the development of new capabilities using a DevSecOps framework. They will work closely with the software engineering team to implement new capabilities into EOS’ operational SDA systems and contribute to a collaborative multi-disciplinary team spanning astrodynamics, data analytics, machine learning, software engineering, mechanical engineering, electronics engineering, and laser physics.
- If you are interested in seeing your work go from development to operations then you are encouraged to apply.
- Develop and/or enhance current EOS’ SDA capabilities, including developing efficient methods for space event detection.
- Assist with SDA tracking operations and analysis
- Develop and/or enhance EOS’ state and covariance estimation algorithms
- Passive optical and laser range observation data assessment and quality control
- Assist in developing SDA system health status monitoring.
- Experience in aerospace, astrodynamics, mathematics, astronomy or astrophysics
- Proficiency in programming languages, including C++, Python, Matlab, and/or R
- Experience in cloud-based computing
- Knowledge or experience in DevOps
- Experience in data analysis and data fusion
- Proven ability to work in an operational environment
- Strong physics background
- Machine learning experience, artificial intelligence
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours, i.e., afternoon or night shift (with penalty rates)
- To be successful in the role you will be organised and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. You will work cooperatively with teams and individuals. You will ideally also have:
- Bachelors Degree qualification in any Engineering / Data Science / Mathematics / Physics or related field.
- To apply for this position, you must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security clearance.
Culture and benefits
- EOS employ over 500 Australians across the country and considered industry leaders within the space and defence industry.
- At EOS, we pride ourselves on creating a professional environment that is collaborative, supportive and an engaging place to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave and employee incentive scheme.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace