Australian Precision, Global Reach. We See Further.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotely controlled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units. We continually strive to help our people achieve personal goals, engaging them in challenging and inspiring projects that shape our future.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for providing systems engineering guidance and support to all engineering groups including Research and Development, Project and Production Engineering. The role requires broad and in-depth knowledge of all systems engineering disciplines, from requirements management through to Integrated logistics support; i.e. the whole product lifecycle.
The Systems Engineer ensures that the Companies’ engineering processes are fully implemented and coordinates reviews with various engineering groups and management, to achieve compliance.
Key duties of the role include:
- Provide systems engineering design and design review.
- Ensure that all requirements are identified, captured and analysed and that they form the basis of development activities.
- Conduct the systems engineering review process for the whole product development lifecycle.
- Manage the configuration control of systems and projects.
- Develop verification and validation plans and ensure capture of analysis and test results allowing sign-off of requirements.
- Provide integrated logistics support to the development team through reliability, maintainability and availability analysis.
- Support new business opportunities and assist in the development of responses to customer and industry enquiries including RFQ’s, tender responses; industry requests for information and other communication as required.
- Engage with customers and other EOS engineering groups both locally and internationally to solidify system requirements.
- You can work cooperatively with teams and individuals, and are detail and solution oriented. Ideally you will be able to demonstrate:
- Degree qualification in Engineering or similar discipline.
- Post graduate qualifications in Systems engineering highly desirable.
- Minimum 3 years in similar role.
- Experience in defence sector preferred.