ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers.
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for an Electronics Design Engineer to join our office in Warsaw, Poland.
Your daily tasks:
- Delivering highly reliable electronics hardware. You will engage with other ICEYE engineers to discover the needs of future missions and design highly reliable hardware that turns the mission into a reality.
- You will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of the hardware you create, from development and testing, handover to missions team, and from time to time, on-orbit troubleshooting; you will take ownership of your electronics, including verification testing and writing documentation.
Your background and skillset:
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, physics, or other relevant discipline.
- + years (for the non-senior role) or 5+ years (for the senior role) of experience developing electronics, that is schematic and layout, using Altium Designer and/or Mentor Graphics PADS Professional; experience with other EDA tools is also acceptable, though ICEYE carries design capture and layout in Altium (now) and PADS (past) and so experience in these two is preferred;
- Experience in one or more of the following design areas:
- power electronics
- digital / control electronics
- high-speed electronics
- Experience working with variety of high-speed and low-speed, parallel and SERDES interfaces, including: I2C, SPI, USB, JTAG, Ethernet (10/100/1000M, 10G), JESD204a/b/c, DDR3/DDR4/SDRAM/SRAM, and more.
Nice to have:
- Experience designing and testing high reliability, safety-critical, and fault-tolerant systems.
- Experience designing FPGA-based electronics, including Xilinx and Microsemi FPGAs.
- Hardware debug experience, including familiarity with tools such as the oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer (SPI, CAN, Ethernet or similar), spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Programming skills, including: C / C++, Python, Matlab
- Experience with revision control tools (like Git or SVN)
- You are comfortable with Linux
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time
- Wide variety of benefits to choose from
- Training budget
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Private medical care
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Coffee, tea, and fruits to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English.
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.