Open Cosmos delivers satellite-based solutions designed to tackle Earth’s biggest challenges. We offer our customers everything needed to bring them actionable information from space; ranging from mission development software and payload qualification kits to ready-to-launch small satellite platforms and supporting services.
**This is an internship for 6 months to start ASAP**
Working for Open Cosmos
Aim high, go beyond! At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before – ready for the challenge? Then read on…
Working in the Programmes Team
The project management team at Open Cosmos is at the sharp end of the business, responsible for enabling the organisation’s expansion and the delivery of new products and services.
What will you be doing?
No day will be the same. You’ll be interacting with a varied range of internal and external stakeholders. Your tasks will be diverse – from reviewing project plans, to gathering status updates from various teams on their progress against schedule, or helping optimize product roadmaps. It is a great opportunity to get an insight in the key areas of project management and gain familiarity with different project management methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile).
What you need to be successful
- You’ll be communicating a lot, so be confident in speaking, listening and writing, sometimes within large groups including customers, partners or suppliers.
- You’ll be responsible for key activities that will increase the effectiveness of the project’s delivery while meeting short deadlines, so being comfortable with working under pressure will be an asset
- Sharing the right information at the right time and in the right way is important to manage stakeholders effectively, therefore an ability to handle sensitive information carefully and communicate with professionalism is essential
- There will be a steep learning curve to be able to understand how all areas of the business, products and services interact in order to deliver our missions, therefore you should be confident with taking the initiative to reach out to multiple stakeholders and facilitate group conversations.
- We’re on a journey to implement more agility into our ways of working so an ability to think innovatively about ways of how to do this is desirable