Provides an insurance underwriting platform for specialty risks.
- Competitive Salary
- Visa, Medical (if UAE based)
- 25 days holiday (plus local public holidays)
- CII qualified
As an Underwriter you will be required to manage the underwriting tools and processes relating to the class line of business you operate in. You will be required to lead a team to service existing clients and identify opportunities for developing new business.
More specifically please see below the tasks the job will require:
UNDERWRITING / SCOPE OF WORK:
- To manage the formulation of the class/line business plan, including a long and short term strategy.
- To underwrite business on behalf of elseco within underwriting criteria and in accordance with key targets to maintain underwriting standards and discipline including pricing/retention to ensure delivery of profitable results
- To use elseco’s tools and systems to streamline and differentiate elseco method of transacting business
- To establish, build and maintain broker relationships in order to develop good quality business and to promote the reputation of elseco
- To communicate effectively with participating insurers, to develop and nurture relationships with potential participating insurers
- To ensure development of your team, supporting junior staff and identifying needs for further personnel growth
- To ensure a high quality and responsive service to brokers and customers.
- To represent elseco at internal and external meetings and on internal and external committees. This may include making presentations, attending conferences and client and industry events
- To perform risk assessment using elseco’s in-house tools
- Policy wording review
- To remain up to date with market developments and movements concerning the market