Thales has been present in the Philippines since 2002, and continues to support the country’s big ambitions in the aerospace, defence and digital security sectors.
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales has been present in the Philippines since 2002, and continues to support the country’s big ambitions in the aerospace, defence and digital security sectors. As a committed partner to the country, Thales works closely with key Filipino partners in the areas of digital identity and security, air traffic management and defence, where its technologies and services supplied Digital Identity & Security business lie at the heart of modern life, from payment to enterprise security and the internet of things. Thales employs a workforce of close to 200 employees in the Philippines, across two facilities in Manila and Laguna.
As a Software Engineer located in Makati City, Philippines, you will deliver software product on-time with expected quality.
A week in the life of a Embedded Software Engineer:
- You will be responsible for the development of Gemalto smart card SIM products (GSM, 3G, and CDMA),
- You will participate in the design, implementation, and validation of smart card operating systems, applications and electrical profiles within a project team structure, in accordance with institutionalized processes and delivery standards
- You will contribute to the improvement of existing technology platform/baseline and development methodology through prototyping and patent proposal
- To succeed at this job, you must have: proficiency in Assembly, C, C++, Java, and/or Visual Basic programming language.
- It would be preferred if you have experience with microprocessor and microcontroller architecture.
- You must be fluent in English or is confident enough to express himself or herself in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who is responsible with strong sense of initiative, analytical with good verbal and written communication skills, a self-motivator and excellent team player, able to work under pressure.
- You must have a Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering, or related field.
- We are looking for someone with 2-6years’ experience as a Software Engineer, preferably in an embedded systems environment.
- You must be able to travel occasionally outside the Philippines.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!