Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales has been present in the Philippines since 2002, and continues to support the country’s big ambitions in the aerospace, defence and digital security sectors. As a committed partner to the country, Thales works closely with key Filipino partners in the areas of digital identity and security, air traffic management and defence, where its technologies and services supplied Digital Identity & Security business lie at the heart of modern life, from payment to enterprise security and the internet of things. Thales employs a workforce of close to 200 employees in the Philippines, across two facilities in Manila and Laguna.
A week in the life of the Embedded Software Engineer:
- You will work on various 16 or 32 bit microcontroller architectures and develop your expertise on microcontroller technology including evaluating new architecture and memory design for smart cards
- You will participate in the writing and review of technical design specifications, as well as the development and validation of secured software in C and Java
- Design software with good understanding of constraints and impacts to footprint, performance and reliability
- You will participate to integration testing with Mobile and Servers
- You will be expected to follow and advise on Specifications/Standards evolutions
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have: strong development experience in C or C++ and VB .NET.
- It would be preferred if you have JAVA, C# and Assembly programing experience.
- You must be fluent in English
- We would like someone to join our team who is motivated by technical topics, autonomous, a team-player, a strong communicator, proactive, able to propose solutions and innovative.
- We are looking for someone with 3-5 years’ experience as a Software Engineer, preferably in an embedded systems environment.
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!