Senior Microwave Engineer
Improving access to sustainable energy. At Emrod, we are on a mission to transform the way we power our world and create a sustainable future for generations to come. We are pioneering new technology to radically improve access to sustainable and reliable energy across the globe.
We are growing quickly and looking for talented people who are driven by a passion for innovation and a desire to shape the future of clean energy.
Our culture is built on our core values: Passionately Curious, Proactive Leadership, Grit, and Camaraderie. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside a world-leading team to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are always looking for experienced microwave electronics engineers to work within wireless power transfer-related research and development projects. As a technical designer, you will work closely with the Principal Engineer towards the development of new wireless power transfer designs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work directly with the Principal Engineer to plan and design new microwave wireless power transfer projects.
- Analysis, design and fabrication of microwave circuitry associated with the Company’s transmitters, rectifiers, and associated microwave systems.
- Acquire and analyse measured data on the Company’s microwave systems.
- Contribute microwave concepts for the ongoing development of the Company’s intellectual property portfolio.
- Represent the Company’s interests in discussions with current and future customers/investors.
Maintaining knowledge of market developments relevant to the company
- A bachelor of engineering or a physics background
- 5 years work experience or a postgraduate project (masters / PhD) on a relevant topic
- Experience in microwave circuit design, e.g. amplifier chains, harmonic rectifiers, phase/amplitude measurement hardware
- Experience in microstrip and planar transmission line-based circuit design
- Proficient in the use of microwave circuit modelling software, e.g., ADS, AWR
- Proficient in the use of PCB layout and fabrication, e.g., Altium, KiCad
- Experience with SMD soldering, e.g. 0402 packages
- Experience with high frequency modelling software, e.g., HFSS, COMSOL, CST Microwave Studio
We offer flexible working, competitive compensation, equity, and ample opportunities for growth and development.