Blue Origin is empowered by a vision where millions of people are living and working in space. To achieve our vision, we are developing reusable rocket engines and launch vehicles that will dramatically lower the cost of access to space. Driven by our motto, Gradatim Ferociter or “step by step, ferociously,” our incremental approach builds upon each success as we develop ground-breaking spaceflight systems. We don’t just build rockets—we build a culture around methodical innovation and exploration.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for the hands-on sustainment and improvement of propulsion hardware for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of rocket engine production operations. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Ownership over flight engine assembly, configuration management, and hardware line of balance.
- Support product design of released propulsion components including engineering changes associated with change requests, product improvement.
- Create, review and maintain rocket engine component engineering artifacts including component models and assemblies, drawings, specifications and test procedures
- Review and analyze component test data to certify rocket engine components conform to technical and performance requirements as part of qualification and acceptance test programs.
- Evaluate product nonconforming conditions by analyzing, developing and providing written dispositions for flight engine hardware.
- Perform root cause analysis and develop corrective actions related to nonconformance and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Experience with aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicles component fabrication, build, assembly and testing
- Experience with 3D CAD programs (Creo / Windchill preferred)
- Knowledgeable with GD&T implementation and analysis (ASME Y14.5)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Experience in the production, manufacturing, and assembly of rocket propulsion hardware
- Experience with 3D CAD and large assembly model management and configuration
- Experience with cryogenic fluids and oxygen compatibility
- Experience with aerospace quality management systems supporting propulsion hardware
- Experience transitioning products from development to production
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.