Open Cosmos delivers satellite-based solutions designed to tackle Earth’s biggest challenges. We offer our customers everything needed to bring them actionable information from space; ranging from mission development software and payload qualification kits to ready-to-launch small satellite platforms and supporting services.
Working for Open Cosmos
Aim high, go beyond! At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before – ready for the challenge? Then read on…
Working in the Systems Team
The systems team focuses on designing, developing and verifying space missions ranging from Scientific and Tech Demo to Commercial Earth Observation and beyond. Our system engineers are involved in the whole mission lifecycle from bid support through to launch and orbital operations.
What will you be doing?
You will be managing all engineering aspects of our space missions from requirements capture through to concept definition, design, implementation, all levels of testing and orbital operations support. You will be acting as a technical lead coordinating different engineering teams to deliver a consistent technical solution.
You will be working with multiple stakeholders, supporting bid and sales teams, running customer meetings and presentations at all phases of the project.
Great opportunity to propose improvements to increase the performance of Open Cosmos satellites!
What you need to be successful
- As we said, you’ll be delivering a space mission so strong knowledge of satellite systems engineering is essential, ideally you would have seen the full cycle of a space mission from conception to end of life.
- You’ll be performing mission analysis and system design, so be ready to manage requirements and utilize MBSE tools, implement FMECA and design FDIR, manage system budgets and define CONOPs.
- To coordinate other technical teams involved in the design process you should have a good knowledge of the satellite subsystems: power system, on-board data handling, AOCS, comms, propulsion, mechanical, thermal.
- You’ll be planning and supporting all levels of testing, so you are expected to be familiar with AIT and EVT campaigns.
- You’ll be communicating a lot, so be confident in speaking, listening and writing, sometimes within large groups including customers.
- Our Company operates in a dynamic environment, so be ready to adapt to change and learn quickly.