We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
Role Description Summary
As the Senior Engineer, Service Assurance Systems, you will be responsible for the design, deployment and support of service situational awareness (SSA) systems and methodologies deployed in the day to day management of SES services and infrastructure. The Engineer will be expected to work closely with operational teams with the aim of improving service quality through analytics and data correlation. The Engineer will be expected to assist operators in solving complex service anomalies in the Satellite (RF), IP and ground infrastructure domains with SSA systems and tools. The incumbent will be responsible for building service support methodologies and systems fit for SES’ future operations. The incumbent will be required to build and manage service support and reporting systems that contain a high degree of intelligence and autonomy.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Result Areas
- Ensure that Global Services monitoring and reporting systems are highly available, accurate and fit for purpose
- Work closely with partners in the OSS and BSS domains in the definition and implementation of data interfaces to operations support systems
- Capture and process monitoring and SSA requirements from operations teams
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of new systems, software and services
- Provide 24/7 engineering support to SES operations teams (on call basis)
- Drive service and infrastructure data analytics capabilities across the group
- Identify and implement systems to increase level of automation in daily operations
- Ensure SES management and monitoring systems are kept up to date and fit for purpose
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders in the service delivery process
- Plan, coordinate and execute maintenance and configuration change activities
- Provide technical support to internal/external customers when required
- Coordinate and/or perform system administration duties when required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with SES IT and the Digital Transformation Office (DTO)
- Support the rollout of SES data backbone and data lake architectures
- Perform platform management and troubleshooting as required
- Global cultural awareness
- Oral and written communication
- Problem solving
- High degree of operational awareness
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Telecommunications, or related field required (education can be substituted for experience)
- 10-15 years of experience in the satellite or telecommunications industry required
- Advanced knowledge of application interface protocols (SQL, XML, REST, SNMP etc.) required
- Advanced knowledge of Linux operating systems remote management (SSH) required
- Advanced knowledge VSAT/IP Trunking platforms and networks required
- Moderate knowledge of Information Technology, Communications Systems, IP networks or the broadcast video environment preferred
- Moderate knowledge of data orchestration systems such as Splunk and/or Data Miner preferred
- Moderate knowledge of HTS and HTS NG architectures preferred
- Project management certification and/or demonstrable experience preferred
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
For more information on SES, click here.
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!