Virgin Galactic (“Virgin”) is a vertically-integrated aerospace company pioneering human spaceflight for private individuals and researchers, as well as a manufacturer of advanced air and space vehicles.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen – connect with us today! Your Mission Virgin Galactic’s Software Verification Group is seeking to add talent to the team. A Software Test Engineering Manager to join our Avionics Team. The manager will lead a team of 3-4 software test engineers.
- You bring to the table 2 years of experience leading safety-critical software verification projects in aerospace or a similar industry.
- Lead verification efforts for safety-critical and mission-critical software
- Collaborate and establish, processes and best practices, development of test planning and test cases for vehicle, system and component-level testing
- Development and maintenance of regression testing tools
What you Bring
- B.S. or M.S. in an Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Experience with project and/or team management
- Experience with requirements-based software verification
- Experience with Vector cast or similar unit testing tools
- Experience developing a regression testing framework
- 2+ years of experience leading safety-critical software verification
Who we are
Virgin Galactic is transforming humanity’s relationship with space. By making it more open and accessible, we are connecting the world to the love, wonder and awe inspired by space travel, helping to create new opportunities for the benefit of life on Earth. Whether it’s supporting cutting-edge research missions for scientists and students, or offering life-changing experiences for the adventurers among us, Virgin Galactic is THE spaceline for Earth. Such an audacious vision requires a team as driven as they are curious – one capable of redefining the boundaries of what’s possible.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. teammates, as well as newly hired employees. As of October 1, 2021, all new hires must be able to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, (“fully vaccinated” means at least two weeks have expired since receiving the vaccination’s last dose as recommended by the manufacturer) or have a valid religious or medical exemption. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met be your date of hire. Virgin Galactic complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.