The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aero-structures for the aircraft industry. Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore, and the U.S.
Terma North America (TNA), the US subsidiary of Denmark based Terma A/S, is searching for a highly qualified Engineering Project Manager to join our team of exceptionally dedicated professionals in an exciting and rewarding fast paced highly successful company. Leveraging the outstanding Terma reputation and our strong relationship with the US DoD, Homeland Security and large Prime Contractors for more than three decades, Terma has developed a significant presence in the U.S. as provider of mission critical solutions for aerospace, defense and security sectors. We are known as an independent, agile, and fast responding partner for mission customized solutions.
The Engineering Project Manager works with the program manager and multiple engineering disciplines to maintain and manage a comprehensive project execution plan as discussed and agreed to with the customer. The Engineering Project Manager provides leadership, guidance and mentoring to the project engineering team in support of their professional growth and business expansion.
The Engineering Project Manager is the focal point for coordination with program management and engineering senior management, he/she leads the development of the engineering schedule and the managing of engineering risks and opportunities. The Engineering Project Manager is responsible for making the trades necessary to stay within cost and schedule boundaries while maintaining a product design that complies with the contract.
Primary responsibilities include supporting projects with the ALQ-213 and ALQ-253 along with other Terma products through development, test, troubleshooting and deployment. The chosen candidate will interact with design engineering on technical issues relating to the design, development and deployment process. The candidate will possess good communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic team environment. The candidate will work with the program team, interface with the customer including providing inputs to technical presentations, telecoms, and formal reviews.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated requiring minimal supervision in a fast-moving and everchanging environment. Additionally, the candidate must be motivated to learn new skills and techniques to stay current with changes in Engineering. Attention to detail, communication and documentation skills across a multi-disciplinary and multi-location environment, resourcefulness, and organization skills are a must.
- Be the project engineering focal point for coordination with PM and Engineering Management
- Flow down of customer schedule from Program Manager
- Lead the development of the Engineering Schedule
- Manage Engineering Risks & Opportunities
- Manage & Track Action Items
- Monitor customer requirements and represent customer technical needs
- Work with PM to manage and assess scope changes
- Utilize the engineering organization to help with technical issues/solutions
- Track progress against the plan and project future progress (including development of ETCs)
- Ensure that tasks and problems are being worked
- Ensure that performance related issues within the engineering team are resolved
- Manage the technical aspects of the program
Support metrics development to be used for continuous improvement of engineering efforts and report status to management
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline and 10 years related work experience OR
Required Skills and Experience:
- US Citizenship with ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DOD) Security Clearance
- Knowledge of EW systems and performance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Ability to work with international team members.
- Ability to communicate in small working groups or program teams.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers as well as with team members in remote locations
- Experience with systems and software in a multi-system environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to write clear, concise, factual and detailed documentation
- Systems thinking skills (i.e., ability to work at detailed level but understand system level implications).
- Willingness to travel: 10% CONUS and OCONUS.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge necessary to write requirements specifications.
- A working knowledge of automated software tools, change management and document control.
- A working knowledge of IBM Rational DOORS.
- Experience with test fixtures for hardware and software testing is desirable.
Terma North America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of applicants or employees.