Singapore Airlines requires a Technical Services Engineer (Avionics).
Selected candidate will work with a team of Avionics engineers in Technical Services Department to ensure the safe and reliable operation of the electrical, navigation and radio systems (i.e. Avionics) onboard SIA’s latest fleet of aircraft.
Key work scope includes:
- Pursue with aircraft manufacturers, equipment suppliers and aircraft maintenance suppliers’ resolutions for avionics-related defects.
- Perform reliability reviews of avionics systems/components and recommend improvements.
- Participate in technical conferences with equipment suppliers
- Evaluate Service Bulletins (SB) and Airworthiness Directives (AD) for accomplishment of modifications based on analysis of airline operations and financial cost-benefit analyses.
- Generate repair schemes to address minor discrepancies on the aircraft.
- Perform aircraft system diagnostic and prognostic monitoring of each aircraft, and make recommendations for corrective and/or preventive actions necessary to avoid unscheduled flight interruptions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
The candidate should:
- Possess at least a Degree in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering
- Be able to work independently and also a good team member. Since the job requires interaction with various user departments, good interpersonal skills will be necessary.
- Be able to analyze, diagnose a problem and provide an effective solution
- Be flexible and willing to attend to aircraft defects and operational issues based on aircraft operating schedule.