Blue Origin is empowered by a vision where millions of people are living and working in space. To achieve our vision, we are developing reusable rocket engines and launch vehicles that will dramatically lower the cost of access to space. Driven by our motto, Gradatim Ferociter or “step by step, ferociously,” our incremental approach builds upon each success as we develop ground-breaking spaceflight systems. We don’t just build rockets—we build a culture around methodical innovation and exploration.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will perform systems engineering assignments requiring a wide application of advanced systems engineering principles, theories and concepts plus a working knowledge of other related disciplines. In this role, you will assist the Blue Engines team with coordination and planning, interfacing with program management and customers, and providing guidance to less experienced engineers on the team. You will support system engineering practices across disciplines and teams areas of system analysis, design, or integrated testing. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Create and maintain budgets for systems engineering, verification, validation and test organization
- Create and maintain processes and plans
- Perform analysis of engine test data to assess progress towards test objectives and compliance with requirements
- Working with launch vehicle customers and test sites, create interface definition and design specification documents from engineering documentation. Respond to all facets of customer’s vehicle operability questions during all life-cycle phases of design, development, test and launch.
- Participate and direct system design and development at all stages of development lifecycle, requirements capture flow-down, preliminary design, critical design, product realization, design verification testing, system integration, qualification and certification
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining, and reporting systems safety products, fault trees, reliability, component level failure mode assessments, and operational hazards
- Create and execute test plans for design and requirements verification
- Drive risk analyses, failure modes effects and criticality analyses (FMECA), design for test/manufacture/cost, and guide overall design assurance
- Effectively communicate development status, risks, and challenges
- Track, evaluate and report on system metrics
- Create and maintain analysis tools and templates
- B.S. degree or higher in an appropriate engineering field
- 7+ years of Systems Engineering or analysis on launch vehicle or space craft
- Desire to work hands-on, as part of a team, in both development, test and production phases of a product lifecycle
- Experience using Excel, Matlab, or other scripting language for analysis review and data presentation
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, integration processes, and mission/safety critical systems
- Experience in project planning and successful execution of projects to cost and schedule targets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strength in teaming and collaboration in a diverse work environment, self-starter.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Experience with failure investigations
- Experience supporting proposals
- Experience with systems safety products, fault trees, reliability, component level failure mode assessments, and operational hazards
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.