Building a better future together
With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
Digital & Communications Coordinator
EDF+Business Marketing & Communications
About EDF+Business: We are a cross-cutting program within EDF that engages the business and investment community on driving large-scale environmental change. We believe companies, investors, communities and the environment can thrive in unison – and we’re making it happen by leveraging the power of the marketplace. For 25 years, we’ve combined cutting-edge science, economic expertise and unexpected partnerships to help high-impact companies transform business as usual in their products, operations, supply chains and advocacy.
Our world needs a healthy environment and healthy businesses to truly thrive – EDF+Business is forging solutions that benefit both. For more information on our work, visit business.edf.org.
The Digital & Communications Coordinator plays a significant role in the success of Environmental Defense Fund’s work with business by:
- Improving the efficiency and helping expand the reach of the EDF+Business Marketing Communications teams’ digital promotions, by executing a digital marketing strategy that spans specialty areas, topics, and geographies.
- Managing the team’s social platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, and the EDF+Business blog) and conducting regular, in-depth analysis of content and advertising performance on these platforms.
- Managing the EDF+Business website and the Supply Chain Solutions Center, and keeping these sites up to date, and tracking their performance.
- Supporting the EDF+Business Marketing and Communications team through research projects, management of the team’s editorial calendar, managing visual assets and our digital library, and exploring thought leadership opportunities.
- Lead implementation of digital marketing strategy for the EDF+Business website and social channels, as well as the Supply Chain Solutions Center.
- Coordinate planning and idea generation for optimizing digital efforts, including managing photo research and requests, and other digital assets.
- Ensure quality control of all content published on EDF+Business digital channels.
- Draft, execute, and analyze results of paid advertising campaigns on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Lead daily creation and scheduling of unpaid social media content, including proactively identifying and promoting relevant content.
- Manage the EDF+Business newsletter, including design and content selection, and lead efforts to get more sign-ups.
- Analyze digital metrics from a variety of tools (Google analytics, Hoot Suite, TweetDeck, and more) and help synthesize results monthly, and to inform best practices.
- Research target audiences and identify best digital tools and tactics to reach them and deliver on campaign goals.
- Ensure the EDF+Business website is kept updated with the latest information, relevant content, and visuals.
- Ensure cohesion between digital marketing and earned media strategies based on insights gained from quarterly earned media analyses.
- Carry out media and research projects for EDF+Business programs, as needed to support the team.
Operate independently and report out on and reporting for all assigned projects.
Collaborate across multiple EDF programs and with communications teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or marketing; Master’s degree is a plus.
- A minimum of two years communications experience, preferably in a political or issue advocacy context.
- Proficiency with social media tools and required.
- Proficiency in Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet required.
- Practical, real-world experience in environmental media and communications preferred.
- Basic graphic and web design experience preferred.
- Familiarity with cutting-edge communication and analytics technologies (i.e. Google analytics) and WordPress etc. preferred.
- Excellent writing, proofing and editing skills.
- Experience managing contractors (i.e. Web and graphic designers, communications consultants, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively under deadline pressure.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Must advance EDF DEI goals in which People from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included and empowered to address the environmental challenges we face. This includes fostering equitable systems and empowering diverse constituencies both internally and externally.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.