Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia's leading defence and aerospace exporter.
About the role
The Software Design Engineer is responsible for providing software designs that support the product development and product support goals of the organisation. The role requires deep software engineering technical knowledge, coding and the understanding of the software functional role in conjunction with electronics design, mechanical design and systems engineering disciplines.
- Commercial experience with C, C++, or Java programming languages.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to solve challenging technical problems; and
- Attention to detail.
- Experience with engineering processes such as CMMI, or SPICE or similar methodologies; and
- Embedded or real-time software development.
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Post graduate qualifications in Engineering viewed favorably.
- Experience in a similar role.
How to Apply
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please apply now with your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
You must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain Australian Government security clearance if required.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.