EOS Space Systems is a global leader in the design, manufacture, delivery and operation of sensors and systems for space domain awareness (SDA) and space control.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotely controlled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units. We continually strive to help our people achieve personal goals, engaging them in challenging and inspiring projects that shape our future.
The Business Development Manager, EOS Defence Systems Australia, is a member of the EOS Defence Systems Australia Management Team. The Business Development Manager is responsible for generating new business, customer relationship management through to contract signature, improving market position and competitiveness by conducting market and competitor analysis, examining growth opportunities, reviewing business processes to create efficiencies, responding to all types of requests for information, and coordination support (including attendance) to a range of business development activities in Australian and New Zealand.
- Generate new business, follow-up on existing leads and maintain customer relationships.
- Conduct market analysis to identify future business opportunities and competitor capabilities
- Coordinate business development support as required to EOS Global and overseas business units.
- Coordination and attendance if required at business development related activities such as trade shows and seminars.
- Coordinate the EOS Defence Systems Australia response to customer and industry inquiries including NDA, ROM, RFI, RFQ, RFT and other communication as required.
- Effective communication, both written and verbal.
- Leadership. Ability to influence in a matrixed organisation.
- Ability to manage several priorities simultaneously.
- Attention to detail.
- Stakeholder management.
- Three or more years’ experience in similar role.
- Experience in Defence Industry acquisition and weapon systems related business is highly desirable.
Culture and benefits
EOS employ over 500 people across the globe and considered industry leaders within the defence industry.
At EOS, we pride ourselves on creating a professional environment that is collaborative, supportive and engaging workplace which is rewarding in more ways than one. We are an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
How to Apply
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please apply now with your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.