EOS Space Systems is a global leader in the design, manufacture, delivery and operation of sensors and systems for space domain awareness (SDA) and space control.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotely controlled weapon systems and ancillary products with a wider vision to protect and support the Defence industry. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units. We continually strive to help our people achieve personal goals, engaging them in challenging and inspiring projects that shape our future.
About the role
The Software Engineer will play an integral part in development of software designs that support the product development and product support goals of the organisation. The role requires a sound level of software engineering technical knowledge, coding and the understanding of the software functional role in conjunction with electronics design, mechanical design and systems engineering disciplines.
The Software Engineer ensures the integrity of the software designs produced in accordance with the EOS design process and that the best design solutions are developed to meet all stringent requirements.
- Produce software designs that satisfy defined requirements in the specified time frames.
- Undertake software analyses in support of product development activities.
- Work with systems engineers to ensure that all requirements are identified, captured and analysed such that design can be developed that satisfy the requirements.
- Support and undertake test and evaluation activities on software designs to verify and sign-off of all design requirements.
- Work with other engineering disciplines to ensure cohesive and complete system designs.
- Prepare and review all documentation required to support designs.
- Review work and provide guidance and mentorship to other Software Design Engineers.
- Work with Project Engineers to ensure design solutions are delivered on time and on budget and meet other project management requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will be detailed oriented and have a deep understand of software engineering and apply sound judgement and insight, work collaboratively and solve complex problems, communicate effectively and strive for success.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who has some experience in the field of software engineering and willing to take on a new challenge. As we are within the Defence industry, experience in this space would be highly desirable but not essential.
Degree qualification in Software Engineering or related field is a requirement for this position
Culture and benefits
EOS employ over 500 employees across the globe and considered industry leaders within the defence industry.
At EOS, we pride ourselves on creating a professional environment that is collaborative, supportive and engaging workplace which is rewarding in more ways than one. We are an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
How to Apply
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please apply now with your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.