Electro Optic Systems Pty Ltd (EOS) is a leading Australian technology company operating in the space and defence markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotely controlled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units. We continually strive to help our people achieve personal goals, engaging them in challenging and inspiring projects that shape our future.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
About the role
The Laser Physicist/Engineer is expected to join a dynamic research and development team to work in the area of solid state laser development. The activities require a technically capable and highly motivated person to assist the team in the development of a Directed Energy program. The Laser Physicist/Engineer may need to travel both within Australia and overseas. This role will include:
- Assist in the design and development of high power fibre lasers and amplifiers.
- Assist in the design and development of diode pumped high energy and high power solid state lasers.
- Assist in performing multi-beam combination including Coherent Beam Combination and Wavelength Beam Combination activities.
- Assist in performing alignment, testing, operation and maintenance of laser systems, laser power supplies, associated electronics and optical instruments.
- Assist in performing Fit-out of systems for Trials, Testing and Deployments.
- Supporting Business Development activities involving Demonstrations and Trials.
To be successful in the role you will be a problem solver with strong hands on technical and practical skills. You will be able to work collaboratively, unsupervised, and meet tight deadlines. You will ideally also have:
- Qualification in one of the following: Laser Physics, Laser Devices, Laser Technologies or General Photonics is required.
- Previous experience with advanced laser technologies, such as phase conjugate mirror, imaging relay systems, mode-locking, single frequency generation, etc. is highly desirable.
How to Apply
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please apply now with your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
You must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain Australian Government security clearance.