Electro Optic Systems Pty Ltd (EOS) is a leading Australian technology company operating in the space and defence markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
EOS Communication Systems develops and provides global satellite communications products, systems and services. It specialises in innovative optical, microwave and on-the-move radio and satellite systems that deliver high speed, resilient and assured connectivity for the most critical applications.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
About the Opportunity
The Lead Engineer is responsible for a small engineering team within the EOS Communication Systems division. The Lead Engineer oversees the engineering aspects of EOS Communication Systems tender responses for large and complex projects. This position is responsible for understanding and coordinating all engineering aspects of EOS tender responses, and is responsible for one or more projects.
Primary duties include:
- Oversee the engineering aspects of complex tender responses
- Actively participate in writing, formatting and reviewing complex tender responses
- Actively participate in the development of win themes for EOS tender responses
- Ensure win themes are captured and expressed throughout the relevant engineering sections of tender responses
- Ensure tender responses have considered all engineering requirements and confirm deliverables are technical feasible
- Co-operate with internal stakeholders including Project Management, Commercial, Legal, Integrated Logistics Support and Financial groups to ensure tender response milestones are achieved within required time constraints.
- Ensure that engineering solutions, monitoring and reporting provides accurate information to enable the Capture Manager to assess bid response performance.
- Communicate plans, needs and issues to the Capture Manager.
You will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to perform in a deadline driven environment. You have the ability to manage several priorities simultaneously and meet tight deadlines, and a strong attention to detail. You will be able to demonstrate:
- Real world experience in the delivery or operation of complex systems
- Experience with satellite communication and radio frequency systems
- Experience with ASDEFCON Strategic contracts is highly desirable
- Five or more years’ experience in engineering management roles is highly desirable.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering is essential.
How to Apply
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please apply now with your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
You must be an Australian Citizen and hold a minimum Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance.