Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia's leading defence and aerospace exporter.
About the role
The Project Engineer is responsible for undertaking project management of engineering activities including Research and Development, Systems Engineering, Industrialisation, Engineering Change Management and Production Engineering. The role requires execution of all project management disciplines, including scope management, time management and scheduling, budgeting and cost management, risk management with strong communications skills for project meetings and reporting. . This will include:
- Undertake project management of engineering and development tasks.
- Work with the technical teams to ensure that the objectives for the engineering activities are met. This includes delivering the right technical solution on time and on budget.
- Develop, monitor and report progress on engineering schedules and timelines relevant to the engineering project being managed.
- Manage scope of work being undertaken and ensure that all required tasks are completed and that no additional tasks are undertaken without approval.
- Undertake risk analysis to ensure that key risks are identified, monitored and mitigated.
- Conduct regular project review meetings and provide reports on project status.
- Support the procurement of items required for the engineering project.
To be successful in the role you must have a strong engineering background and a proactive, organised approach. You will be able to demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and have the ability to work effectively within a team setting.
You will ideally also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management or Engineering.
- Post graduate qualifications in Project Management highly desirable.
- Experience in similar role.
- Significant Project Management experience.
- Experience in Defence sector preferred.
How to Apply
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please apply now with your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
You must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance if required.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.