EOS Space Systems is a global leader in the design, manufacture, delivery and operation of sensors and systems for space domain awareness (SDA) and space control.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotely controlled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units. We continually strive to help our people achieve personal goals, engaging them in challenging and inspiring projects that shape our future.
About the role
General Manager Quality leads the Quality team and is responsible for the EOS-DS Quality Management System (QMS) including strategic planning, developing and directing quality assurance policies & processes. The role is also essential in maintaining the Quality Assurance regime for our products.
General Manager Quality will work with other areas to ensure our QMS certification is maintained and to ensure the Quality Assurance of our Products. This interaction will include Engineering, Programs, Production, Supply Chain and Aftermarket.
- Executive Control over EOS-DS QMS, internal product & process standard and system compliance impacting customer, production & supplier quality.
- Develop and maintain a World Class Quality Organization, provide a risk-based Quality Management System culture, maintain and achieve site qualification consistent with global strategy, Direct Root Cause, Corrective Actions and provide a Quality Face to the Customer.
- Maintain compliance with our QMS processes during design, manufacturing, testing, customer acceptance and support.
- Develop & train staff on how to resolve Root Cause and develop Corrective Actions for Supplier Quality, Production Quality and Customer issues,
- Develop strong liaisons within the company to ensure organizational alignment and focus on Quality across all functions.
We are looking for people who work cooperatively with teams and individuals within the organisation to deliver results and solutions for our customers and clients. this will require you to be organised, detail oriented, great communicator with strong interpersonal skills. We are also looking for candidate who have:
- Degree qualification in an applicable field of study.
- Minimum 10 years in similar role.
- Lead Auditor for at least 5 years
Culture and benefits
EOS employ over 500 employees across the globe and considered industry leaders within the defence industry.
At EOS, we pride ourselves on creating a professional environment that is collaborative, supportive and engaging workplace which is rewarding in more ways than one. We are an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
How to Apply
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please apply now with your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.