Be where it begins.
About this opportunity
Ericsson is looking for a Head of Service Delivery for Digital Services based in East Africa. This role will be accountable for handling sophisticated and/or large programs, leading its program teams, and working with key customer contacts from its early pre-sales to delivery conclusion phases mainly in the telecom area!
What you will do
- Develop and execute delivery strategy/processes from pre-sales to realization.
- Steer planning, forecasting, dimensioning, and optimization of delivery based on business needs for programs.
- Responsible for the delivery of services (scope, cost, quality, time, and customer happiness) within Consulting & System Integration from sales to delivery phase. Leading project and program activities in the analysis, planning, establishment (execution), realization (execution), handover (execution), and conclusion phases.
- Assist and provide ITC SME knowledge for engagement and sales teams with regards to delivery methodology, cost, scope, and risks of ITC activities, and accurate alignment of customer requirements.
- Manage and retain highly empower people in teams with varied strengths and geography, and matrix capacity – including the definition of teams, interviewing, and selecting process.
- Evaluate and lead third-party relationships to ensure that margin levels are met and that the business case is being realized.
- Responsibility to assemble add-on sales into client environments and develop and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Identify and address the end-to-end implications of changes either in IT, network, operations, services, or business models and creative corrective actions to preserve or improve program goals.
- Optimal build and lead key internal & external partners including the customer C-Level – articulates themselves well and able to have compelling arguments with the customer.
- Identifying add-on sales/opportunities and supporting the account manager from a solution & delivery perspective.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Program Manager provides support and shares their expertise during customer engagement activities & supports the organization during the RFP process, and is responsible for
- The overall solution
- The overall cost estimation
- The delivery model (mix of on-shore, near-shore, and off-shore resources)
You will bring
- 10 + years of experience, from within the Telco/Systems Integration Industry (consulting or Systems Integration) on driving IT SI transformation programs or projects of high complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science, business, or telecommunications subject area.
- Current PMP certification or is actively pursuing professional project management certification (PMP), recommended to be complete within 1 year.
- Good Knowledge of the eTOM framework and ITIL.
- Must have a consistent track record in leading IT / Telco type of Integration Engagements, at least 5 years leading sophisticated SI-Projects/Programs.
- Ability to transform customer requirements and expectations at a high level into a solution that Ericsson can realize as a customer engagement.
- Ability to lead a team of project managers, solution architects, integration engineers who can be in virtual/remote locations depending on the defined delivery model. This is key to maintaining a highly motivated team.
- Highly developed a solid understanding of the business process, including tender and sales.
- Excellent Consulting skills with a consistent record as a customer-focused Senior Consultant.
- In-depth knowledge of the telecom industry, including a thorough understanding of economic/ commercial/political issues affecting the industry.
- Excellent Leadership abilities validated through line manager or other comparable positions.
- Demonstrable ability to drive team engagements in a tough and time sensitive environment.
- Results-oriented. Able to work independently and take a logical and orderly approach to analyze problems, prioritize work, and plan actions.
- Solid ability to communicate effectively at the senior level; must have outstanding communication skills to influence others and meet deadlines while building positive relationships both internally and externally.
- Steering up-sales opportunities.
- Mentoring the team, interacting with them and supporting them in their professional growth, and identifying and recognizing talents.
- Supporting asset and organizational set-up and growth; a main contributor to the Professional Service culture growth, delivery methodology.
Ericsson South Africa recruits in line with its Employment Equity plan and will therefore give preference to suitably qualified candidates who are members of designated groups.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless. Share your most innovative ideas, bring your unique perspective and bring your unique perspective in a speak-up environment. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it at a company where you’re empowered to lead and perform at your very best.
Learning and Development
Being a part of our team means having the flexibility to take your career in many different directions, but it also means leveraging the supportive structure of a big organization, with clear personal and professional development opportunities.
Benefits and Rewards
We believe that great accomplishments deserve great benefits and transparent rewards. We strive to offer competitive, unbiased, and fair rewards for all our people. We empower you to manage your own time and promote flexible working opportunities, along with family-friendly policies.