Rocket Lab is redefining how we access SPACE. The satellites of today are getting smaller, doing more and costing less � and thousands of them need to get on orbit. Small satellites have been promised frequent, reliable and affordable dedicated launch for decades. Rocket Lab is delivering on this with a tailored, responsive launch service operating right now.
Why Rocket Lab?
“Make everything you do a work of art.” – Peter Beck
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) – we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest. To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team.
Rocket Lab is its people. We are seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
The ERP Engineer will support the ERP Lead Engineer USA by providing technical and system support and training for the ERP System at the USA facilities. Works closely with other members of the ERP team and provide support to the other remote sites in the USA.
Duties & Responsibilities
Support ERP Lead Engineer USA and ERP team
- Work with the ERP Lead Engineer USA to support the ERP system and staff in the USA sites.
- Develop a deep understanding of LN Capabilities and limitations and creatively use existing features to meet the business needs.
- Work with the Team to design, test, document and train enhanced or additional ERP functionality.
- Participate in weekly Jira issues grooming meetings.
- Assist ERP Finance support as required.
- Participates in the full lifecycle implementation of the ERP system including support for ERP and associated business and manufacturing processes.
- Assist in the maintenance of the ERP system and processes as required across all ERP modules
- Working with business units and the ERP team, help define and implement best practice business processes and solutions for the ERP platform in line with their requirements. This includes assisting the design of process efficiencies with a strong control environment, continuous improvement, development, release testing, documentation, deployment, and release management.
- Deliver training in both formal and informal settings and provide general ERP system functionality awareness to the SC user base.
- Work with ERP team, US departments and other US sites to assist publish and maintain standardized ERP business process support documentation within the company wiki and other documentation mediums.
- Provide new general ERP system education for new USA starters in a timely fashion. This includes supporting the wider US sites.
- Ensure ERP Support team are informed and consulted where required.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with peers, business users and the ERP team.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
- Additional duties as reasonably required.
- Deep knowledge of ERP technical design, development, deployment and extensions.
- SQL Server – Integration of SQL to reporting applications using SSRS
- Training and support experience.
- Experience working in manufacturing environments.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, self-motivated and open to learning.
- Team player with the ability to build strong peer and interpersonal relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication that effectively articulates solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Information Systems, Engineering, Science or equivalent.
- 2+ plus years of ERP or Baan / LN ERP Implementation experience.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.