Satellite operator in Qatar that provides service across MENA
Reports to: Internal Audit Director
The mission of the Internal Audit Department is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services to help the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of internal control, governance processes and risk management.
Internal: Work closely with the Internal Audit Director and all related departments to ensure that the high standards of audit within Es’hailSat are maintained.
External: Liaise with QSC’s external auditors, Government Auditors and with Organization’s management as required and approved by the internal audit Director.
- Participate in risk assessment, planning, and execution of the audit plan including a review of all policies and procedures.
- Leads the IT / Technical Audits in Es’hailSat, plans and executes assigned internal audits mainly in IT and Engineering areas as well as other operational areas, administrative activities, contracts, and major projects.
- Provides an independent opinion regarding the adequacy and effectiveness of management’s controls for safeguarding organization assets and for providing reliable information in IT / Technical audit areas.
- Evaluates whether organizational units are performing their planning, accounting, operational, custodial, and control activities in compliance with management instructions, policies and procedures and in a manner consistent with approved objectives and high standards of business practice.
- Independently create audit programs, prepares and review working papers and develop final audit reports.
- Works with Organization Management to develop cost effective improvements and recommends the improvements to Management.
- Provide reports to management on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control structure, along with practical recommendations to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and economic value of a control or process.
- Discuss and resolve audit issues and recommendations with management
- Liaise with various departments in the identification and investigation of issues within the Organization, providing appropriate follow-up as required with the relevant department heads.
- Monitor the progress of concurrent audits and provide Audit Management with status reports weekly and Provides direction and advice to the Internal Auditors in the Department
- This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
- An IT, business, engineering or relevant technical degree
- 6 to 10 Years of overall experience in Internal Audit with focus on “IT / Technical Audits, 5 Years of experience with Big 4 Audit Firms. Previous internal audit experience with a similar organization is definite advantage
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation or other relevant designation is a must
- Ability to work independently from planning to reporting in conducting IT / Technical audits with quality documentation in accordance to IIA Standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of auditing standards and techniques.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software related to internal auditing
- Experience in process documentation, risk assessment, audit planning/execution and report writing
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism in all assigned duties.