Your Future is Built Here
This is a Full Time, Temporary position for 12 months with opportunity to extend.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Officer (Lab Test Operation) to support activities with Boeing Defence Australia. Your role will sit in the Mechanical Design and Product Testing team under the Mission Systems and Ground Systems Capability. What we do is design products, prototype solutions then plan and execute verification and validation activities to meet in service requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity to demonstrate your technical and leadership skills in the Lab Test domain, specifically in relation to DEF(AUST)5681, MIL-STD-810 and/or RTCA DO-160 verification methods or equivalent. You will be working within a progressive program that has established and applied agile software and hardware development methodologies unique to Boeing and the Australian defence industry. The role is based in Brisbane CBD and will require frequent travel to our A2LA accredited Boeing Test Facility located at Wacol, Brisbane.
- You love exploring new technology
- Enjoy demonstrating your skills as a test director for integration and verification activities
- A self-starter with effective leadership skills and a “can-do” attitude
- Enjoy being surrounded by a motivated and high performing team
- Demonstrates leadership in the safety culture on our LAND2072 Ph 2B program
- Provision of technical leadership and direction across various integration and verification activities
- Ensures adherence to company and business standards of technical excellence
- Maintains a culture of open dialogue and proactive technical oversight, risk management and rapid risk / issue resolution to prevent traveled technical risk.
- Development of engineering documentation, verification procedures and configuration management of system hardware infrastructure.
- Knowledge of DEF(AUST)5681, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461 and/or RTCA DO-160 verification methods or equivalent
- Experience with testing systems using a defined methodology.
- Ability to apply technical principles, theories and concepts towards solving complex problems
- Demonstrated experience in grasping complex scenarios and translating them into innovative and ingenious solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements, and an ability to obtain and maintain an NV-1 clearance as a minimum.
- Understanding or awareness of system engineering principles on complex manufacturing or advanced technology projects
- Experience in preparation of Engineering Change Proposals and other formal system engineering documentation
- Experience in using the Rational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) for requirements management
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation’s most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
- We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
View the full Position Description and apply now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.