SatCen provides fast and reliable analysis of satellite data in order to face current security challenges.
Responsible to the Head of SSA Unit to support the implementation of Capability Development activities and projects at the EU SatCen specifically in the SSA area:
- Analysis of SST data and information relevant to the provision of SST services (e.g. satellite conjunction alerts, in-orbit fragmentations, re-entry of space objects), in the scope of the EU SST Support Framework.
- SSA/SST User requirements gathering, analysis and reporting, as to support the development of SSA/SST software, including the EU SST Service Provision Portal, liaising with external and internal stakeholders as required.
- Compilation of reports summarizing findings and recommendations based on the activities of the EU SatCen in the SSA/SST field.
- Management of junior staff as needed.
- Undertaking of additional duties, appropriate to the grade, as directed by the Head of SSA Unit.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree, preferably in a scientific field, engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in Satellite Operations, in particular in Flight Dynamics and/or SST related operations and processing chain (e.g. tracking, cataloguing, conjunction detection and analysis).
- Familiarity with programming techniques and software engineering practices and life cycle.
- Knowledge of ITIL (or another service management framework) as an advantage.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience with at least 2 years in the field of responsibility.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Experience in project management and competencies (planning, execution, control) with certification as an advantage.
- Excellent time management skills, able to prioritise, work well under pressure or with tight deadlines.
- Good drafting and communication skills, a good sense of initiative and responsibility is required as well as a dynamic attitude, very hands-on oriented, problem-solver and the ability to collaborate and work in a team.
- Knowledge of the institutional framework and decision making procedures of the European Union in particular on the Space and Security domains would be an advantage.
- Experience in R&I projects and experience in the Framework Programme / H2020 of the European Commission would be an advantage.
- Experience in international organisations would be an advantage.
- An excellent command of English and knowledge of another EU language.
- Nationality of an E.U. Member State.
- Security Clearance to at least SECRET UE, or equivalent. In case the successful candidate is not in possession of such a clearance, the EU SatCen will request it, but no appointment will be fully confirmed until it has been received.
- Stress resistant and good state of health.
- Driving licence.
- Employment at EU SatCen is governed by the EU SatCen Staff Regulations;
- This post is graded A1/A3 of the Coordinated Organizations salary scale . Recruitment will normally be set at Grade A1, step 1.
- Appointments are made for a maximum duration of four years;
- Posting is at EU SatCen, Torrejón de Ardoz (Madrid) Spain;
- The selected candidate will be required to start ASAP.