SatCen provides fast and reliable analysis of satellite data in order to face current security challenges.
Responsible to the Head of SSA Unit to support the implementation of Capability Development activities and projects at the EU SatCen specifically in the SSA area:
- User requirements analysis and design, development, integration and maintenance of software applications procured or specifically developed for SST activities at the EU SatCen (e.g. EU SST Service Provision Portal).
- Managing of tasks aimed at developing and/or integrating software ensuring the involvement and coordination of internal and external actors.
- Ensuring the updating and maintenance of the EU SatCen project related databases.
- Management of junior staff as needed.
- Undertaking of additional duties, appropriate to the grade, as directed by the Head of SSA Unit.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of software development life cycle and modern software engineering methodologies.
- Good development skills and experience with object oriented programming languages (C#/.NET mandatory, Java an advantage).
- Good knowledge of systems architecture with experience on both Microsoft and Unix environments.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience is required with at least 2 years in the field of responsibility.
- Experience on web development, modern web user interfaces (Angular 2+ an advantage) and web services.
- Experience of database management techniques, ORM frameworks (Entity Framework an advantage) and SQL databases.
- Knowledge of IT security and experience for developing secure applications.
- Knowledge of mobile applications development as an advantage (Android, iOS).
- Knowledge and experience on ITIL (or another service management framework), with certification as an advantage.
- Knowledge on space, engineering or scientific related matters is an advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Experience in project management and competencies (planning, execution, control) with certification as an advantage.
- Excellent time management skills, able to prioritise, work well under pressure or with tight deadlines.
- Good drafting and communication skills, a good sense of initiative and responsibility is required as well as a dynamic attitude, very hands-on oriented, problem-solver and the ability to collaborate and work in a team.
- Knowledge of the institutional framework and decision making procedures of the European Union in particular on the Space and Security domains would be an advantage.
- Experience in R&I projects and experience in the Framework Programme / H2020 of the European Commission would be an advantage.
- Experience in international organisations would be an advantage.
An excellent command of English and knowledge of another EU language.
- Nationality of an E.U. Member State.
- Security Clearance to at least SECRET UE, or equivalent. In case the successful candidate is not in possession of such a clearance, the EU SatCen will request it, but no appointment will be fully confirmed until it has been received.
- Stress resistant and good state of health.
- Driving license.
- Employment at EU SatCen is governed by the EU SatCen Staff Regulations.
- This post is graded A1/A3 of the Coordinated Organisations salary scale. Recruitment will normally be set at Grade A1, step 1.
- Appointments are made for a maximum duration of four years.
- Posting is at EU SatCen, Torrejón de Ardoz (Madrid) Spain.