EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide. EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users. As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)
EUMETSAT establishes user requirements for its next generation satellite systems on behalf of its Member States and cascades these requirements down to system and ground segment levels, with full traceability. EUMETSAT is responsible for the verification of requirements, throughout the development and life cycles of all its satellite systems.
Within the Ground Segment System Engineering (GSSE) Competence Area of the System Engineering and Projects (SEP) Division, the Requirements and Verification Engineer will maintain and improve the EUMETSAT requirements and verification engineering processes and associated tools, and support and assess their implementation across all EUMETSAT programmes.
- Maintain and improve Requirements and Verification Engineering process according to industry standards;
- Assess the maturity of implemented Requirements and Verification Engineering practices and derive process improvements;
- Evolve the EUMETSAT Requirements Management and Verification tool suite based on user needs;
- Support the eliciting, analysis, specification and management of Requirements at various levels, i.e. from end-to-end satellite system via ground systems to facilities;
- Support the planning and preparation of Requirements Verification activities;
- Facilitate the re-use of Requirements and Verification methods and tools across the organisation;
- Maintain the EUMETSAT Requirements Frameworks.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven theoretical and practical experience of Requirements and/or Verification Engineering;
- Experience in using and customising RM tools (preferred IBM DOORS);
- Model based Systems Engineering knowledge would be desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, combined with a proven ability to work within a team;
- Strengths in analysis, synthesis and presentation of complex problems and solutions;
- University Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline;
- Relevant certification in Requirements or/and Verification Engineering, e.g. IREB CPRE, ISTQB Foundation, or INCOSE CSEP would be an advantage.
QUALIFICATIONS University Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline
LANGUAGES The official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French. Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
The initial contract will be of 4 years’ duration, with subsequent 5 year contracts being awarded thereafter, subject to individual performance and organisation requirements. There is no limit to the amount of follow-up contracts a staff member can receive up to the EUMETSAT retirement age of 63 and there are certainly opportunities to establish a long career perspective at EUMETSAT.
This post is graded A2/A4 on the EUMETSAT salary scales. The minimum basic salary for this post is EURO 5,363 per month (net of internal tax) which may be negotiable on the basis of skills and experience. The salary scale provides for increments on the anniversary of taking up employment, and scales are reviewed by the EUMETSAT Council with effect from 1 January each year. In addition to basic salary, EUMETSAT offers attractive benefits. Further information, including salary details, is available on the EUMETSAT web site.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunities work environment for men and women.
Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited on the basis of their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.