EUMETSAT is the European operational satellite agency for monitoring weather, climate and the environment.
In the EUMETSAT matrix organisation, the Generic Systems and Infrastructure Division (GSI) of the Technical and Scientific Support (TSS) department is responsible for engineering, maintaining and upgrading all multi-mission ground segment functions, services, infrastructure and tools used across operational satellite systems and the development of new satellite systems, including contribution to the operational management of the cross-organisational Information Security Management System.
Reporting to the Operations IT Infrastructure Manager within the Generic Systems and Infrastructure (GSI) Division, the IT Network Services Coordinator will lead a team of IT network professionals responsible for the provisioning of IT network services to the whole organization, which include Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs).
The IT Network Services Coordinator will also be responsible for the detailed engineering, delta-developments and maintenance of EUMETSAT´s IT network infrastructure, as well as the detailed engineering and implementation of the upgrades required for new developments to cope with the requirements from the new programmes, and the management of the related industry service contracts.
- Manage a team of highly qualified IT network engineers, securing long-term availability of the critical skills and maintaining up-to-date technological awareness;
- Lead and coordinate the day to day provisioning of the EUMETSAT IT Network services including support to network operations, 2nd/3rd level investigations and problem resolution;
- Manage the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with the customer;
- As a response to evolving user needs, define and maintain a technical roadmap addressing the continuity, enhancement and major evolutions of the EUMETSAT IT network services;
- Lead and coordinate the specification, design and development of scalable and sustainable IT network, architectures and infrastructure implementing the defined roadmap;
- Secure and manage the required level of industrial support by identifying, procuring and managing contracted-out activities, tools, services or resources.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum five-year experience in leading teams, including people development and maintaining critical skills up to date in a fast changing area, with proven experience in planning and coordinating activities;
- Proven experience in IT network system engineering, preferably in a high-availability, 24/7 operational environment;
- Experience in designing, developing, deploying and operating IT network services according to recognised standards;
- Experience in gathering customer requirements, translating them in service specification and managing their implementation and delivery;
- Experience in interacting with industry, in the context of procurements and management of service contracts;
- Strong interpersonal, team working and communication skills with a strong customer focus;
- Knowledge of Cisco services and solutions, including campus and cloud technologies;
- Proven knowledge of IT Network security and encryption systems and of IT Network management solutions.
- A university degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- (e.g. telecommunications, network systems, etc.) or equivalent
The official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French. Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
The initial contract will be of 4 years’ duration, with subsequent 5 year contracts being awarded thereafter, subject to individual performance and organisation requirements. There is no limit to the amount of follow-up contracts a staff member can receive up to the EUMETSAT retirement age of 63 and there are certainly opportunities to establish a long career perspective at EUMETSAT.
This post is graded A3/A4 on the EUMETSAT salary scales. The minimum basic salary for this post is EURO 7326 per month (net of internal tax) which may be negotiable on the basis of skills and experience. The salary scale provides for increments on the anniversary of taking up employment, and scales are reviewed by the EUMETSAT Council with effect from 1 January each year. In addition to basic salary, EUMETSAT offers attractive benefits. Further information, including salary details, is available on the EUMETSAT web site.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunities work environment for men and women.
Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited on the basis of their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation’s Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)