THE GSA AND GALILEO/EGNOS SERVICES ENGINEERING
The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth.
The EGNOS and Galileo services teams are in charge of managing the exploitation phases of the EGNOS and Galileo programmes.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The GNSS Standardisation Engineer will actively contribute to the definition, implementation and adoption of the EGNOS and Galileo services for various market segments, focusing on standardisation activities required at system level and user level.
The job holder main tasks and responsibilities in principle will be:
- Elaborate and maintain the EGNOS and Galileo standardisation plan, and coordinate GSA’s activities with those of the European Commission, the European Space Agency and the Service Providers;
- Contribute to the establishment of operating concepts with the user community, define typical equipment applications and operational goals, then develop and maintain the EGNOS and Galileo user segments requirements (incl. Minimum Operational Performance Specifications);
- Drive the standardisation of the EGNOS and Galileo services and receivers within the different user communities and standardisation fora (including in particular EUROCAE/RTCA, IALA, RTCM/IEC) and support the representation of EGNOS and Galileo Programmes in ICAO and IMO;
- Develop common service provision concepts and interfaces with the other SBAS Service Providers in close coordination with the EGNOS Service Provider;
- Coordinate the work of contractors in support of the above activities;
- Manage the GSA’s standardisation activities (Procurement and Grants):
- Prepare Statements of Work, Technical Specifications and other related documentation;
- Support the tendering procedure (preparation, launch, award);
- Follow the execution of the activity;
- Liaise with other GSA departments as needed:
- Security, Quality Assurance and Project Control;
- Market development, regarding the collection and implementation of user needs into Galileo services;
- Legal & Procurement and Finance, for procurement related tasks;
- Support the EGNOS and Galileo Services teams and contribute to any other tasks as necessary.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
- In addition to the above, appropriate professional experience of at least six years after obtaining the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union or Norway
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post