THE GSA AND INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY & FACILITY MANAGEMENT AND LOGISTICS (ICT & FML) DEPARTMENT
The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth.
The ICT & FML Department shall proactively contribute to the fulfilment of the Agency’s mission, particularly regarding all matters related to the management of the GSA ICT systems and the management of GSA facilities and logistics across various GSA offices in the EU.
Among other tasks the ICT & FML department shall support the business needs of the Agency from technical and organisational standpoints through leading and managing the ICT and FML Department and activities of the Agency.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ICT Security Team Leader will be actively involved in all ICT security activities. He/she will have the following non-exhaustive list of tasks and responsibilities:
Management of the ICT Security team
· Coordinate, supervise and lead the team of ICT Security, including contractors, in order to provide effective and efficient operation of the GSA ICT security infrastructure (2nd level and 3rd level) and cyber security protection
· Develop work procedures, job objectives and ICT security project evaluations together with high focus on the ICT infrastructure cyber security protection based on SLAs and measured by KPIs
· Ensure implementation and continuous improvements of the ICT processes following ITIL and ISO 9001 standards
· Contribute to the development of ICT systems to improve the ICT security within the GSA
· Plan, implement and maintain the security measures to protect GSA ICT classified and unclassified systems, networks and data
· Provide proper configuration and management of ICT security equipment (firewalls, VPN, encryption, tokens, certificates etc.) including event logging and log analysis
· Provide protection of GSA ICT Systems from external threats Ensure the compliance of GSA ICT systems for processing of classified information with the applicable regulations, prepare documentation for accreditation and support the routine operations of relevant systems under ICT department
· Contribute to the development of ICT Disaster Recovery Plan and provide its testing and maintenance
· Keep up with the latest ICT security technologies, including hackers’ methodologies, in order to anticipate security breaches
· Ensure prevention of data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect the GSA ICT systems
· Contribute to the contract management, preparation of tender and contract specifications by providing technical expertise
· Participate as subject matter expert in the development and the implementation of projects especially in the infrastructure domain
· Contribute to the ICT security budget management
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
1. Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
2. Appropriate professional experience of at least three years after having obtained the required diploma
3. Be a national of a Member State of the European Union or Norway
4. Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
5. Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
6. Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
7. Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
8. Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
In order to be considered for this position, candidates need to create an account by registering via the GSA e-recruitment tool. Only applications submitted via the e-recruitment tool will be accepted. Applications sent via email or post will not be taken into consideration. A full job description and further information on the application procedure can be found here:
The GSA’s systems support the most commonly used Internet browsers. If you encounter issues, please consider changing the browser first before contacting us.