he European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (EGNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world. The GSA Communications team is responsible for the provision of information, promotional activities, and outreach initiatives of the GSA in general. Among other things, the GSA’s communication activities focus on the development and implementation of communication strategies and initiatives that support the objectives of the Agency and its programmes.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Agency is looking for an Administrative Assistant with strong organisational skills to join our dynamic and expanding EU Agency. The jobholder will mainly provide administrative and organisational support to the Executive Director, Heads of Department and/or their teams.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting the daily running of the Executive Director’s office or department of assignment
- Managing of calendars/agendas and mails, including categorising and redistribution
- Coordinating and organising meetings and events, including all logistical aspects
- Categorising and prioritising files submitted to the Executive Director or Head of Department
- Keeping track of work in progress and ensuring the follow up of assigned projects until completion
Drafting correspondence, preparing relevant minutes, reports, statistics, notes, presentations, updating databases and proof-reading of documents related to the activities of the department
- Providing assistance in document management tasks for both electronic and physical archives
- Facilitating internal communication and promoting information flow within the Agency
- Handling travel and accommodation arrangements and processing reimbursement claims in accordance with applicable rules
- Assisting in matters related to financial and human resources management, procurement, ICT and facilities matters
- Supporting the integration of new team members
- Taking on additional responsibilities as required in the interest of the service