The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world.
GSA AND HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
The Human Resources Department proactively contributes to the fulfilment of the Agency’s mission, particularly regarding all matters related to the management of the GSA’s Human Resources.
- The Human Resources Department has the following high-level objectives:
- Recruit, retain and motivate the most valuable GSA asset – PEOPLE;
- Provide a place for development and career growth;
- Ensure support for common culture and positive team spirit;
- Provide sustainable support to staff members and their families;
- Provide a safe working environment;
- Provide strategic expertise to GSA governance and be important partner in achieving the GSA’s vision, mission and objectives.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Career Development Specialist will be supporting the Agency in the tasks of the Human Resources Department as identified above, and in particular in designing, developing and implementing a holistic approach to career development of staff. He/she will report to the Head of the Human Resources Department or to a team leader.
- The main tasks and responsibilities will in principle include the following:
- Assist the Agency’s ongoing development through the identification of organizational and role specific development and training needs, designing and implementing programmes, such as Competency Framework, which enhance the overall capability of the Agency;
- Design, formulate and implement strategies for career paths programming in line with the assessment of current competencies and future needs of the Agency;
- Drive a culture of continuous professional development and learning organisation;
- Ensure organisation of development events, trainings and learning activities and monitor how effectively learning has been transferred to employees;
- Pro-actively develop and maintain all activities around performance planning and evaluation, including performance management mediation and career counselling;
- Design and implement strategies to increase the retention of staff and top performers in particular;
Prepare and implement the training budget and perform other related duties as required.
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
In addition to the above:
- Appropriate professional experience of at least six years after obtaining the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the Essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- Experience in the career, learning and development area;
- Knowledge and/or experience of developing and implementing a competency framework;
- Experience in developing and implementing innovative HR policies, procedures and processes linked to career development of staff;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Experience in engineering or operational organisations;
- Experience in working in multicultural, international or complex environments;
- Proven experience in analysing complex business problems and working with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop a solution to resolve them;
- Strong communication skills;
- Analytics and results driven approach;
- Proactive and cooperative service-oriented approach;
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and handle many simultaneous tasks.
In order to consider your application valid, you are required to log in and submit application through the GSA e-recruitment portal. Click on APPLY below.