The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (EGNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world. The GSA Communications team is responsible for the provision of information, promotional activities, and outreach initiatives of the GSA in general. Among other things, the GSA’s communication activities focus on the development and implementation of communication strategies and initiatives that support the objectives of the Agency and its programmes.
The European GNSS Agency is looking for a Cost Engineering Officer who will report to the Head of Department or his/her assignee(s). The successful candidate will join our Cost Engineering team within the Project Control Department and will work on the cost engineering aspects of the programmatic and core tasks entrusted to the Agency.
For more information on the GSA and the European satellite navigation programmes, click here.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The jobholder will have the following tasks and responsibilities (or relevant subset):
- Maintain and further develop the cost engineering processes, tools and practices, in line with the applicable rules and best practices in the domain;
- Develop cost models based on benchmarks for supporting the preparation of future procurements;
- Develop an appropriate system of cost engineering metrics for the procurement and grant calls of the Agency;
- Support activities related to cost estimates, forecasting, impact assessments and cost-benefit analyses;
- Participate in preparation of tenders, in particular in setting up the cost/price and financial proposal requirements, and selection of the appropriate cost engineering tools;
- Participate in tender evaluations in support to the establishment of the congruity and appropriateness of the financial proposals, based on the cost engineering elements assessment;
- Develop and maintain a centralised cost engineering database for data recording for analysis and benchmarking purposes;
- Organise and implement the data gathering process and data normalisation, verification and introduction into the cost engineering database;
- Liaise with the administrative and operational departments to ensure the efficient coordination and implementation of the necessary cost engineering arrangements in the Agency’s activities;
- Prepare and provide training to the Agency’s teams in relation to the cost-engineering practices established in the Agency;
- Take on additional tasks as required in the interest of the service.