The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world.
GSA AND OPERATIONS
With the introduction of the new Space Regulation, expected to enter into force in 2021, it is planned to expand the Agency’s scope of activities beyond Galileo and EGNOS, to other components, such as “Copernicus” for Earth Observation, GOVSATCOM for Governmental Space Communications and Space Situational Awareness (SSA).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The GOVSATCOM Programme Manager will manage the planning, budget and execution of GOVSATCOM related activities in compliance with the GOVSATCOM Preparatory Actions Contribution Agreement signed with the European Commission and ensuring the associated interface with European Commission representatives.
The GOVSATCOM Programme Manager will have the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the implementation of grant agreement with the European Commission and the procurement of GOVSATCOM hubs, including supervising the development of such infrastructure;
- Establish a Network of Users for governmental Satellite Communications, with the aim to achieve a reliable collaboration and coordination between them to agree on common user needs and requirements;
- Participate in the preparation of service implementation concept, the definition of service policies (e.g. security, pricing etc.) and service level targets;
Support the Commission for the establishment of Implementing Acts;
- Manage the service engineering activities derived from the Service portfolio;
- Contribute to the definition of the GOVSATCOM Infrastructure engineering (requirements, security monitoring concept etc.) and coordinate the operations of the GOVSATCOM infrastructure;
- Implement the service level targets agreed by the European Commission with the Member States as providers of relevant satellite communication capacity and services;
- Contribute to the preparation and engineering of Concept of Operations;
- Manage the activities related to the declaration of service and the GSA contributions to GOVSATCOM expert groups, Technical Task Force and Security Task Force;
- Support the buildup and coordination of a network of GOVSATCOM users, the definition of the future GOVSATCOM user segment technology requirements and the definition of the Security Requirements.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
In addition to the above,
- appropriate professional experience of at least nine years after obtaining the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below.
- The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
- Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
- When filling the online application, candidates are expected to include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- University degree in the exact sciences, such as engineering, physics, mathematics or computer science;
- Experience relevant to the tasks and responsibilities described;
- Experience in space programmes;
- Experience in managing projects and teams;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Experience in managing infrastructure/services;
- Experience in planning and implementing systems and/or services evolutions;
- Service mind-set and collaborative attitude;
- Leadership and people management skills with a result-oriented approach;
- Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills with ability to synthesise complex ideas;
- Ability to deliver quality results under pressure and prioritise tasks.
In order to consider your application valid, you are required to log in and submit application through the GSA e-recruitment portal. Click on APPLY below.