The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (EGNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world. The GSA Communications team is responsible for the provision of information, promotional activities, and outreach initiatives of the GSA in general. Among other things, the GSA’s communication activities focus on the development and implementation of communication strategies and initiatives that support the objectives of the Agency and its programmes.
The European GNSS Agency is looking for a Head of Project Control Department to join our dynamic EU Agency. The successful candidate will lead the department responsible for project control, cost engineering and project budgeting, product and quality assurance, configuration, documentation and assets management, as well as providing support to various reviews.
For more information on the GSA and the European satellite navigation programmes, click here.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Head of Project Control will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the orientation of the Agency as a whole and to the elaboration and implementation of its strategy;
- Lead and manage the department by distribution of responsibilities, defining priorities, promoting growth and engagement of staff;
- Ensure the well-functioning of programmes/projects in all departments and across all sites, including the build-up of transversal processes and practices and their implementation;
- Develop and maintain relevant processes and tools, ensuring the coherency for all programmes/projects and providing optimal support to the Agency with an emphasis on resources utilisation, and sound financial, technical and programmatic management;
- Lead interactions with both internal and external stakeholders (European Commission, European Space Agency (ESA) and industry) in the areas of responsibility of the Project Control Department, across the different programmes/projects;
- Ensure industry compliance with established formal requirements for management, costs, schedule, risk-reporting and assets management;
- Contribute to the risk management function by coordinating the identification and documentation of Programmes risks, their impacts and proposing appropriate mitigation actions;
- Take on additional tasks as required in the interest of the service.
Note: Duties may evolve according to development of the Agency’s structure and activities, and management decisions.