The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (EGNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world. The GSA Communications team is responsible for the provision of information, promotional activities, and outreach initiatives of the GSA in general. Among other things, the GSA’s communication activities focus on the development and implementation of communication strategies and initiatives that support the objectives of the Agency and its programmes.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The European GNSS Agency is looking for a Legal and Procurement Officer. The Officer will support the Agency in a broad range of legal tasks pertaining to both administrative and operational activities of the Agency, and will handle the entire life-cycle of procurements and contract management.
For more information on the GSA and the European satellite navigation programmes, click here.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Legal and Procurement Officer’s tasks and responsibilities will in principle include the following areas:
1. Legal advice
– Providing legal advice on operations and administration of the Agency
– Advising on the regulatory framework of the Agency
– Providing advice on procurement and grants
– Advising on staff matters, interpretation/drafting of legal instruments
– Drafting, helping coordinating calls for tenders/call for proposals in line with standard best practices
– Managing calls for tenders/call for proposals (e.g. publication, organisation of and assistance to evaluation boards, selection process, contract/grant award and signature)
– Interfacing with relevant stakeholders, including project officers, finance department, economic operators, auditors
3. Contract drafting and management
– Drafting and support negotiating contracts/agreements
– Following up on contract/agreement interpretation, implementation, performance and enforcement
– Assisting project officers with issues in contract/agreement lifecycle
– Support in building and maintaining of an up-to date tender, contractual and other legal commitments database
4. Provide support for the implementation of any other task falling in the sub fields of responsibility of the Legal and Procurement Department