The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world.
With the introduction of the new Space Regulation, expected to enter into force in 2021, it is expected to expand the Agency’s scope of activities beyond Galileo and EGNOS, to other components, such as “Copernicus” for Earth Observation, GOVSATCOM for Governmental Space Communications and Space Situational Awareness (SSA).
The Project Control Department & Quality handles all matters related to project control and quality management of the Galileo and EGNOS programmes.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Quality Officer will join the Project Control Department and Quality. The Quality team is responsible for providing an adequate assurance to GSA on developing and maintaining quality processes in compliance with the requirements. The mission of the Quality team is to coordinate the process improvement methods and evaluations, contributing to increased efficiency and effectiveness, harmonised quality assurance, and consolidation of all related policies, processes and standards.
The Quality Officer will report to the Head of department or his/her assignee(s).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Contribute to maintaining and improving the GSA quality processes and standards;
- Support the management of the GSA to develop, improve and implement the Integrated Management System and the Quality Management System in particular;
- Review governance and decision-making documents from a quality perspective;
- Provide advice and expertise for the performance management;
- Develop and maintain a quality plan defining the quality assessment activities;
- Perform the quality assessments and audits, as necessary;
- Participate in, organise and chair quality groups, seminars, network meetings, and other related events;
- Define, plan and coordinate the execution of horizontal projects, by effectively applying relevant project management procedures;
- Report to the Quality Manager on development and implementation of a strategy for GSA;
- Perform any other tasks as required, upon request of the Head of department or his/her assignee(s).
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- University degree in a relevant field (Engineering, Informatics, other exact science field, etc.);
- Proven experience in quality management or quality assurance;
- Experience in conducting (re)certification (e.g. ISO 9001), covering organisational structures and processes;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Knowledge or experience, in evaluations and internal control systems, standards and policies and in assessing their effectiveness and efficiency;
- Experience with document and/or record management system(s);
- Professional experience in an international working environment in the field of high technologies or in an EU body;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and handle many simultaneous tasks;
- Service mindset, assertiveness and ability to work with others;
- Good analytical skills.
In order to consider your application valid, you are required to log in and submit application through the GSA e-recruitment portal. Click on APPLY below.