The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world.
With the introduction of the new Space Regulation, expected to enter into force in 2021, it is expected to expand the Agency’s scope of activities beyond Galileo and EGNOS, to other components, such as “Copernicus” for Earth Observation, GOVSATCOM for Governmental Space Communications and Space Situational Awareness (SSA).
The Project Control Department & Quality handles all matters related to project control and quality management of the Galileo and EGNOS programmes.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Quality Support Officer will join the Project Control Department and Quality. The Quality team is responsible for providing an adequate assurance to GSA on developing and maintaining quality processes in compliance with the requirements. The mission of the Quality team is to coordinate the process improvement methods and evaluations, contributing to increased efficiency and effectiveness, harmonised quality assurance, and consolidation of all related policies, processes and standards.
The Quality Support Officer will report to the Head of department or his/her assignee(s).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Contribute to maintaining and improving the GSA quality processes and standards;
- Support the effective and efficient implementation of the Integrated Management System and the Quality Management System in particular;
- Support the review of the governance and decision-making documents from a quality perspective;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a quality plan defining the quality assessment activities;
- Assist the performance of quality assessments and audits, as necessary;
- Provide support in quality groups, seminars, network meetings, and other related events;
- Contribute to the definition, planning and coordination of the execution of horizontal projects, by effectively applying relevant project management procedures;
- Assist and report to the Quality Manager on development and implementation of a strategy for GSA;
- Perform any other tasks as required, upon request of the Head of department or his/her assignee(s).
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to:
post-secondary education attested by a diploma,
secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three years
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
In order to consider your application valid, you are required to log in and submit application through the GSA e-recruitment portal. Click on APPLY below.