The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (EGNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world. The GSA Communications team is responsible for the provision of information, promotional activities, and outreach initiatives of the GSA in general. Among other things, the GSA’s communication activities focus on the development and implementation of communication strategies and initiatives that support the objectives of the Agency and its programmes.
The Agency is looking to recruit a Space Downstream Entrepreneurship Officer who will design and implement actions of a new entrepreneurship initiative targeting EU start-ups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) across all space programme components. He/she will also be responsible of implementing the related budget.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
– Identify opportunities and barriers to the space data use at start-up level, and develop tools for application developers which could overcome such barriers;
– Contribute to matchmaking of start-ups and new ventures with large potential customers in the private and public sector, providing first opportunities for the innovations to be deployed in a commercial set up;
– Analyse the access to finance opportunities for start-ups and design a specific network of financing actors (e.g. network of Venture Capitalists) focused on the EU space downstream applications, leveraging private and public financial instruments, including EU initiatives;
– Implement an acceleration program targeting the generation of new innovative solutions and business models, and the creation of new start-ups leveraging space data;
– Implement the future entrepreneurship strategy for EUSPA, defining clear scope and milestones of the start-ups’ support on an annual basis, as well as metrics for monitoring the results;
– Coordinating hackathons and calls for innovation prizes and other actions related to the ideation phase, building awareness of the EU Space programs among innovators and entrepreneurs;
– Manage a mentoring program, matchmaking investors with industrial partnerships, including the coordination of private investors, targeting the scale up of SMEs and start-ups.
Furthermore, the Space Downstream Entrepreneurship Officer will contribute to other tasks of the Department as deemed necessary and to the overall Agency processes such as quality management and reporting.
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the GSA e-recruitment portal – by clicking APPLY below, you will be taken to the GSA site.
Please submit your application, via the e-recruitment portal, by 18/05/2021 11:59 (Prague time)