The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (EGNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world. The GSA Communications team is responsible for the provision of information, promotional activities, and outreach initiatives of the GSA in general. Among other things, the GSA’s communication activities focus on the development and implementation of communication strategies and initiatives that support the objectives of the Agency and its programmes.
The Agency is looking for a Space Downstream Market Officer who will be responsible for developing new markets for Copernicus earth observation data and products, as well as for enlarging the existing ones. The job holder will focus on so called “Copernicus other users”, especially on commercial and business users who have not been the primary target of Copernicus so far, and on specific priority market segments. The job holder will work in close cooperation with the Market Development team experts and other external stakeholders, such as the Copernicus Entrusted Entities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Identify and analyse the market and the user needs of commercial/business users of satellite imaging, earth observation, remote sensing, and nourishing the technology and market monitoring process;
- Ensure an in-depth technical understanding of how the Copernicus services, products and data can be translated in end-to-end solutions, including data management and related technologies;
- Design and implement roadmaps for uptake by industrial ecosystem / market segment, creating synergies with European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (EGNSS) and other EU Space Programme Components;
- Help business and commercial users to understand how Copernicus based solutions (in synergy with EGNSS) will enable them achieve their strategic and financial goals;
- Support prospective users to justify their investment, via testing, pilots, Cost Benefit Analyses (CBAs), etc.;
- Identify champions and quick wins in the most promising new markets, and build a solid partnership towards the adoption;
- Develop innovative business cases and financial models aimed at accelerating the uptake in new markets;
- Advise the team market segment managers on the value proposition of Copernicus in their domain;
- Manage Research and Innovation downstream projects in the field of innovative applications and user technology, leveraging them for the final goal of fostering the Copernicus uptake;
Furthermore, the Space Downstream market officer will contribute to other tasks of the Department as deemed necessary, and to the overall GSA processes such as quality management and reporting.